Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sportsgirl Nail It! in Cobalt - Swatch and Review

Recently I purchased three Sportsgirl nail polishes - Phoenix, Emerald City and Cobalt (from left to right).




My experience with the Nail It! polishes has been good. Normally I wait till they're on sale before buying but I couldn't wait to get these three! These were purchased for $7.95 each. Last time I checked they were still available for sale in Sportsgirl stores (for some reason polishes aren't for sale anymore on www.sportsgirl.com.au, what's up with that?).


Today I've got Sportsgirl Nail It! in Cobalt for review. I had to have this because it's such a saturated and vibrant blue! It's a medium-dark blue with beautiful blue and purple shimmer. The purple shimmer isn't visible except at extreme angles, giving the polish a slight purple duochrome. The polish was on the sheer side and I did 5 thin coats plus a coat of Seche Vite. If you do thick coats I think 3 may be enough. The end result was worth all 5 coats!








This polish lasted and lasted. This is what it looked like after 5 days - minimal tipwear and two small repaired chips (that aren't really visible).



These two photos were taken in the shade and that's what the polish looks like most of the time - it's a really saturated blue. The first photo is too light due to the reflective shimmer.


Here you can see the the slight duochrome on the nail and the lovely purple shimmer in the bottle.




Pros:
- Amazing, rich, vibrant colour.
- Relatively affordable at $7.95 for 11mL.
- Lasts for a week with minimal chips and tipwear.
- Slight purple duochrome. :D
- Pretty bottle (lol).


Cons:
- Sheer, needing around 3-5 coats to reach maximum opacity.


Dupes?
- None in my collection.


Overall:
8/10


Swatches and reviews for Phoenix and Emerald City will be coming!


- J                          

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh such a beautiful blue color!!!!!!! I'm really glad to have found your blog!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me!!! Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to hear from you and to read more of your future blog posts!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me, especially because I'm just starting out in the world of blogging :) I am now following your blog! Feel free to follow mine too!

      Delete